Must love big-picture brainstorms, fine-tuned details, and making innovative content come to life
The Creative Director leads the creative culture in the agency with a heavy hand in design projects, copy-editing and working with a team of talented resources on client photoshoots. Currently, this position manages a staff of three (3) passionate, smart and talented team members.
As a senior-level member of the agency, the Creative Director also plays a significant role in agency management, growth, new business pitches, and culture. Our ideal candidate is passionate about staff management, healthy department profitability and larger agency vision and leadership.
One more thing — at FSC Interactive, culture is key.
We are passionate about our clients and the work we create. We have a constant thirst for knowledge, and we incorporate learning and evolving into everything we do. We value smart strategy. We are kind and friendly. We put a premium on employee retention.
A day in the life:
- Leading team brainstorms for new client initiatives
- Running monthly editorial meetings, mapping out campaign themes and new ideas on how to create engaging content for our clients
- Leading larger graphic design projects and working with our Graphic Designer on execution
- Providing quality control and creative oversight of all agency deliverables and branding
- Regularly reviewing service line offerings and optimizing based on industry trends and best practices
- Meeting weekly with direct reports to review professional goals, creative deliverables, client issues, bandwidth, and overall growth and development
- Monitoring client competitors, analyzing their creative strategies, and determining efficacy with available metrics on which trends they’re implementing and how they engage with their audiences
- Identifying and reporting on creative and digital trends, platforms, and emerging technology to ensure that FSC is an early adapter
- Providing benchmarks and analyzing data provided by the team to ensure that all contracted line items are met monthly
A little about us…
Our culture is all about transparency and support…through a mostly remote work environment. While a lot of our staff can work from all over, this position is local to New Orleans.
We care about our employees, and our employees care about one another. We pride ourselves on flexibility and collaboration that we believe lets our employees take full ownership of their work while also keeping them happier, healthier, and more creative. Agency volunteer days, social hours, and weekly Idea Hustle brainstorms nicely complement virtual work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of creative production experience
- 2 years of staff management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in art, design, marketing or related field
- Expertise in branding, advertising, brand identity, interactive design, and copywriting
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
- Experience working with multiple clients
Because employee retention and culture are so important, we offer amazing benefits. Here are some of the staff favorites:
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance — Your physical and mental well-being are important to us. Let’s help keep you healthy!
- Social Hour Thursdays – Every Thursday afternoon, we take part in a voluntary zoom with an activity to blow off the steam of the week and enjoy some casual time with our co-workers.
- Closed office the week between Christmas and New Year’s — We want you to enjoy your holidays and “turn off” whenever possible. ‘Tis the season to be merry, after all!
- Summer Fridays – Staff receive every other Friday off from Memorial Day to Labor Day to soak up that summer sun (or whatever floats their boat).
- New Orleans City Business – Best Place to Work (2014, 2016, 2017) — Gold Place Winner (2016)
- Digiday 2017 Worklife Award — Most Innovative Culture
- Landy Awards – Best Paid Search and Paid Social Enterprise Campaign (2018)
- American Advertising Awards – Best in Show (2019)
Interested in joining us? Tell us why! Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.