Must love Adobe keyboard shortcuts, finding the perfect font, and bringing brands to life with thumb-stopping creative.
The Graphic Designer is a critical member of the FSC team who, along with the rest of the Creative Department, utilizes creative strategies and amazing graphic design to amplify our clients.
You’ll join a team of detailed, inventive, and organized marketers who see advertising challenges as an opportunity rather than an intimidation. They have a constant drive to innovate and are never complacent because there is always something else to test, question or improve. They are flexible in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment where they deal with multiple clients and deadlines.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced multimedia and graphic designer, adept at creating visual content across digital properties. Prior experience and proven expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects, is a must.
A Graphic Designer creates and builds content for a variety of clients on various digital platforms including but not limited to social media, website, email, blog, video, online advertising and off-site content.
Illustration, web design, and photography experience is a plus.
They work closely with the Creative Director and Copywriter on client editorial, campaign and content strategy, and stay up-to-date on content marketing best practices and innovation. The Graphic Designer works directly with Account Executives and Community Mangers to provide daily, weekly and monthly content updates through content management systems, which keep the team on schedule.
Supervisor: Creative Director
Job Status: Full time, exempt position
Start Date: Early August 2020
Who is FSC?
Our culture is all about transparency and support…and office dogs. This translates into tangible perks like a remote-friendly office and Summer Fridays.
We care about our employees, and our employees care about one another. We pride ourselves on flexibility and collaboration that we believe lets our employees take full ownership of their work while also keeping them happier, healthier, and more creative. Agency volunteer days, digital social hours, and Idea Hustle brainstorms nicely complement our digital and physical office space, which is a sunlit, historic New Orleans building with an open floorplan and close proximity to all the best lunch spots. During COVID-19 employees have the option to work remotely 100% of the time.
Interested applicants please send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio displaying 3-4 examples of your digital work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you heard about the job in your cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment while working independently and with others
- Manages the graphics for multiple clients and creative projects while adhering to deadlines
- Confident and organized problem solver
- Supports the Creative Department by creating innovative graphic design solutions
- Working knowledge of video editing and animation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for graphic design, identifying new tools and industry trends
- Ability to brainstorm and strategize content marketing initiatives based on client goals
- Ability to create content across all digital outlets including: social media, blog, email, digital advertising, web design, and video
- Develops and executes digital content strategy in collaboration with account team members
- Ability to multitask and consistently deliver work on-time, in a deadline-oriented environment
- Utilizes agency tools like email marketing platforms and content management systems to format and distribute content
- Art Direction for photo shoots and capacity to source and purchase props for social media photo shoots
- Ability to quickly adapt to various industries and graphic styles
- Provides strategy for the best way to translate content across mediums appropriate to the clients’ target audience
- Additional responsibilities, at the discretion of the account team, may include attending internal or client meetings
- Proficient in: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in graphic design, video editing, and animation
- Advertising agency experience is a big plus
- Familiarity with HTML5 and/or WordPress is a big plus
- Demonstrated creative skills; has a strong portfolio of recent digital work
Because employee retention and culture are so important, we offer amazing benefits. Here are some of the staff favorites:
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance — Your physical and mental wellbeing is important to us. Let’s help keep you healthy!
- Social Hour Thursdays — Every Thursday afternoon, we have a fun happy hour via Zoom, where we play digital games or trivia. We typically drink beer and wine, because hey, it’s New Orleans. We think about things, and we drink together.
- Dog-friendly office — If you’d like to work in the office, bring your pup along for the ride. We guarantee he’ll get lots of love from our staff.
- Closed office the week between Christmas and New Year’s — We want you to enjoy your holidays and “turn off” whenever possible. ‘Tis the season to be merry, after all!
- Summer Fridays — Staff receive every Friday afternoon off from Memorial Day to Labor Day to soak up that summer sun (or whatever floats their boat).
- New Orleans City Business – Best Place to Work (2014, 2016, 2017, 2019) — Gold Place Winner (2016)
- Digiday 2017 Worklife Award — Most Innovative Culture
- Landy Awards – Best Paid Search and Paid Social Enterprise Campaign (2018)
- American Advertising Awards – Best in Show (2019)
Interested in joining us? Tell us why! Interested applicants please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!