Social Media Manager
Must love audience participation, building connections, and turning monologues into dialogues
Social Media Manager
The primary focus of this position is to lead strategy and execution of organic social media management for the agency and our clients. This includes influencer management, community management, best practices regarding posting schedules, types of content and recommended channels. The Social Media Manager is responsible for maintaining quality, measurable and innovative social media strategies across agency accounts. Working closely with the Accounts team, the Social Media Manager will develop content, promotion and direction that optimizes past successes based on analysis and reporting, while also integrating new trends and tools to stay current. This position requires collaboration and communication to effectively aid account teams and communicate efforts upward to the Management Team.
If the recipe above aligns with the professional direction you’d like to take, please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and a portfolio of social post examples to email@example.com – ATTN: Tallie Merritt. We look forward to hearing from you!
- The ability to navigate changes within the digital industry to optimize client campaigns and capitalize on new opportunities
- Knowledge of audience nuances and the platforms of best execution to reach them within targeted and organic efforts
- Strategic insight for building mid-funnel and conversion led approaches
- A strong ability to interpret data analytics for written insights and client presentations
- An eye for determining campaign opportunities within varied budgets
- A passion for seeing opportunity in all
- An ability to determine the software necessary for organic and influencer executions
- A passion for building relationships within digital spaces
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the team to create strategic marketing plans with measurable goals and clear action items/deliverables.
- Analyze campaigns, translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising campaigns.
- Monitoring trends and competitors
- Monitor client competitors; analyze their social media strategies; identify which trends they’re implementing and how they engage with their audience
- Stay abreast with constantly evolving social media platforms, regularly inform agency of changes and developments, ensure the team is applying new tactics to adapt to trends, when appropriate
- Identify and report on social media trends and emerging technology to ensure that FSC is an early adapter
- Monitor trending topics and alert appropriate team members, when relevant
- Quality assurance
- Oversee social media output to ensure a superior quality of communication is provided at all times, and that all deliverables are met
- Ensure that all social media developed and executed meets the standards maintained at FSC
Who is FSC?
We’re a New Orleans-based digital marketing agency focused on search, social, and content creation. We use meaningful conversations, analytics, and industry best practices to inform results-driven strategies. We’re a group of experienced professionals connecting brands with consumers while identifying new avenues for client interactions.
We care about our employees, and our employees care about one another. We pride ourselves on flexibility and collaboration that we believe lets our employees take full ownership of their work while also keeping them happier, healthier, and more creative. Agency volunteer days, weekly social hours, and virtual coffee with coworkers are just a few of the ways we stay connected with our coworkers. During COVID-19 employees have the option to work remotely 100% of the time.
Key Role Requirements:
- Can work within 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., as well as weekend/late nights and event coverage;
- An excellent communicator with the ability to write concisely without typos;
- Ability to stay on top of tasks and manage your day effectively; and
- Strength in working on team projects and activations.
- Proven history of success with online marketing campaigns
- 4 years experience in online marketing and social media
- Knowledge of content management systems (i.e. Sprout, Later, Hootsuite)
- Social platform management systems (i.e. Facebook Business Manager, Snapchat ads, Twitter Media Suite)
- Data Analytics Reporting (i.e. DashThis, ReportGarden, native platform specific reporting)
Because employee retention and culture are so important, we offer amazing benefits. Here are some of the staff favorites:
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance — Your physical and mental well-being are important to us. Let’s help keep you healthy!
- Think & Drink Thursdays – Every Thursday afternoon, we have a fun happy hour via Zoom, where we play digital games or trivia. We typically drink beer and wine, because hey, it’s New Orleans. We think about things, and we drink together.
- Closed office the week between Christmas and New Year’s — We want you to enjoy your holidays and “turn off” whenever possible. ‘Tis the season to be merry, after all!
- Summer Fridays – Staff receive every other Friday off from Memorial Day to Labor Day to soak up that summer sun (or whatever floats their boat).
- New Orleans City Business – Best Place to Work (2014, 2016, 2017, 2019) — Gold Place Winner (2016)
- Digiday 2017 Worklife Award — Most Innovative Culture
- Landy Awards – Best Paid Search and Paid Social Enterprise Campaign (2018)
- American Advertising Awards – Best in Show (2019)
Interested in joining us? Tell us why! Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.